Tuesday 8 September 2015

Maison Clement Daiso craze

I've alway been a fan of Daiso. Though I know there are many daiso fans out there, I was hard pressed to find any friends around me who were as passionate about daiso as I am. Even if I had been to a Daiso in another shopping centre the day before, Daiso is my must stop centre. Every Daiso is different ya? And there may be slight variations in it's stock.

I thought I was alone till I find some Daiso closed groups on FB. Omg there were people who are definitely more into Daiso than I am!

It is there that I discovered how crazy the Maison Clement craze is in Singapore. Stocks sell out half an hour after they restock. People buy in bulk. There are some who queue outside the store before they open! What is this madness!!!


This is the view at Daiso Bukit Indah JB over the weekend.

In Malaysia there is no such craze. But I can't help but get caught up in the hype. I went to the Sunway Pyramid branch and found after rather detailed searching, two of the Maison designs. One in pale pink and another in a pearly white.

Gosh i was hooked. I bought 3 of each, attracting stares from passerbys.

In mid valley I found another 3 designs. You can't imagine how difficult it is to search for them. I blame it on the huge array of products in Daiso. Not all the Maisons are placed in the same place either. They may be scattered throughout the store.


My loot thus far 

The range consists of a pale pink and white series. I personally prefer the pink. But some industrious people have started colouring in the wordings of their maisons and these show up better in the white.

There are items in the series. I haven't seen all of them but it seems there's a mail holder, magazine holder, cylindrical tin can, a box in two sizes, some pen holders, a B5 sized tray and a round plastic container.

I don't even know how I'm gonna use them. What I'm sure of though, is that I have something to look forward to when I go shopping! Redefining purpose in life! Lol! Not really, but it does make life just much sweeter.

6 comments:

synical said...

If the Singaporeans are smart enough, they should travel north.

Or we can buy and sell it to them or something, haha.

Mari said...

Those are so cute! I wonder why it's such a craze though? I wanna join daiso obsession groups now!!!! I've recently joined some target dollar spot obsessed fb groups and now I go to Target about 8 times a week anytime it's somewhat on the way and I've been collecting so many things I don't know what to do with!

~mEm0RiEs~ said...

I'm a huge fan of Daiso too. I don't really know how I do it, but I can spend at least 1.5 hours in Daiso. And, I would end up spending at least a minimum of RM150. @_@"

saltvinegar said...

Ya do some Daiso selling business.. But they are already smart la.. U should see the amount of Singaporeans in JB

saltvinegar said...

Haha do join Mari! But it's true.. It just increases our spending on items we never knew we needed!

saltvinegar said...

Omg you're an even bigger fan than me!!!! That's a lot of money per visit girl!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails