Saturday 29 September 2012

Shopping haul

I've been shopping whenever i feel stressed, which is a lot actually, and have accumulated a few pictures of what i bought. Good buys? Bad buys? You decide.

Maybelline angel blush in coral. Okay i'm naming it by memory. I have not used a blush in ages and poring through Japanese magazines just make me feel like trying the whole under the eye blush tip, so i bought this.


The colour is great for my not too fair not too dak skin tone.

Then i went to Daiso, and God knows i can't control myself there. I bought this cute Sanrio Kiki and Lala landyard.


This is possibly the first landyard i've ever bought cos everyone gets free landyards from all over the place, but how often can you find one so pastel pink and cute. RM5 justified? I think so. Bless my bimbotic soul.

Ramu bottle cola. The original comes in a glass bottle where you pop a marble in it to open it. These Japanese are gimmick geniuses! This one though has no marble. I just bought it cos i'm sick of carrying plastic bottles around. I wanted a tin one.


The drink per se though was quite horrible. Tasted like very carbonated bubblegum liquid. I threw away the carbonated water after trying a few sips.  I'm just not a bubblegum person. Nice bottle though. It lasted 2 weeks before it became dented.

Caramel corn. My guilty pleasure. This one was pale yellow and milk flavour. You have to try these.


I'm really bad at putting on sunscreen regularly, partly because sunscreen can be so sticky! Makes me feel like i need a shower after i apply it most of the times. This Biore one is different. After trying out my brother's gf's sunscreen i immediately went out to purchase one for myself.

No icky feeling. Here's the ingredient list.


Remember how i mentioned i needed to buy some nice collar clips? I scoured the online blogshops only to find some seling for more than RM10 for very basic looking ones. That's not even inclusive of delivery.

I then did the next best thing. I went to an all for RM29.90 shop in KSL city (where they actually let you try before buying- No 'no trying' bulls***), and bought a sleeveless bright red/orange top which comes with detachable collar clips.


Problem solved. My collars will always look dressy from now on.


I also went and bought daily disposable contact lenses in hope that it will be more comfortable than the ones i'm currently using. Plus it's more hygienic and since i don't wear contact lenses everyday, i'm hoping won't be that much of a difference compared to my monthly disposables cost wise.

So far i only found the hygiene part to be true.


I also decided i needed to buy a toner. Since all toners thus far seem to break me out, i tried going for something a little more high end but at a drugstore price.

So i went to the Johor Premium Outles (JPO) and was recommended to try the Kiehl's Yerba Mate Tea toner. It was heavily discounted. Thus was actually apprehensive buying this.


It turned out to be the best toner i have ever used and the first toner not to make me break out. Maybe i t has something to do with the fact that it is alcohol free. Anyhow, my happiness was shortlived when i found out this product had been discontinued! Hence the cheap price and rather old stock. The one i bought was manufactered in 2011. No wonder the sales lady's parting shot to me was that i could come back and stock up on this toner if i like it.


I was also persuaded to buy some anti-aging moisturizer from Biotherm, since my skin is always dry.



It does not break me out. Does not feel overly sticky and i got it at a discount. So far no complaints.

I've been dealing with a lot of stupid people in higher positions lately, hence the high stress level. Hopefully everything will start sorting itself out and luck will come my way. 

5 comments:

Eriol Loh said...

I love Daiso too haha always brought little things there.
The green biore have big alcohol smell but it is not sticky and very nice to use.Feel like protect our skin from sunlight is very important things to care.

LauraLeia said...

Oooh, the shirt with the collar tips look nice! And I got a lanyard from Daiso too, mine was Hello Kitty though; too cute to resist. >__<

saltvinegar said...

Laura: They are nice :) happy with the purchase so far. Ooh u got the hellokitty one! Problem is not too sure if ppl take me seriously at work :P

Eriol: Yup as i'm getting older sunscreen looks more and more important. but yeah now tht u mention it there is a slight alcohol scent :P

Anonymous said...

I love the caramel corn. Especially the one in pink packaging. Strawberry flavour, and so cute too!

domokun said...

saw the caramel corn everytime I visit Daiso>< Now I wannaa try badlyyyy><

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails