Tuesday 17 April 2007

3 weddings and a funeral

What a week~ had a lovely 4 day 3 night stay in Langkawi in Awana Porto Malai but on the eve of the day we were supposed to go home i received news tht my maternal grandpa had passed on tht very night due to~~ the exact words were "water in the lungs". I was shocked but not entirely depressed. I have not seen my grandpa for the last 5 years and my initial reaction was mainly clulessness (if there is such a word). I'm in Langkawi the funeral is in Bukit Mertajam, Penang and my family were in JB and Malacca. Thank God we din extend our stay to 5days and 4 nights.To tell u the truth i was a bit disappointed tht i would be missing the Asian Badminton Championships in JB, a reaction tht i now deeply regret. The loss of a life was definitely higher on the list of things to be worried about.

The funny thing is i had attended 3 weddings, Jamuna's, Maria's and Noreen's.If i had been able to attend Sen Lin's it would be 4 weddings and a funeral.. But i digress.. The funeral was actually not such a somber occasion perhaps due to the fact tht my grandpa passed away at the ripe old age of 85. I was grateful however to meet up with cousins i have not seen for 5 yrs and getting reacquainted with everyone. everyone looked gorgeous! perhaps this was the grandpa's last gift to us.The gift of togetherness.

Will blog more on the Langkawi trip and funeral soon.Just need to sort out my thoughts...

Time to say goodbye~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails