Thursday 30 December 2010

Ikea refund

Remember i ranted about how i was overcharged for something i bought at Ikea? I just had to write in a letter of complaint.Here's the original post.

Here's what i wrote:

Would like to highlight that i was over charged for a Gnarp utensil set i bought. Attached is a picture of the receipt. I had bought only one set but was charged for two. The amount is not huge but the way the money was lost marred my shopping experience totally. It did not help that the cashier was chatting with her friend over at the next counter when she overcharged me.

I am not asking for compensation. It was partly my fault for not checking the receipt but would like to highlight this so that future incidences do not happen.

Yours sincerely,
Me


I thought nothing of the letter as it was more of me releasing some pent up anger by verbalising it in written words.

However i got a speedy reply from Ikea a few days later.

Dear customer,

Thank you  for your mail and feedback. I do apologize for the error made by our cashier. We would like to honour the refund of RM11.90 for the extra piece GNARP that was wrongly charged to you.

In the meantime I have brought up the issue of the inattentive cashier to the department manager for action to be taken. On your next visit to IKEA, please do bring your receipt along with a copy of this email for the refund at Customer Service Exchange and Returns counter. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Aruna
IKEA Damansara,
No 2, Jalan PJU 7/2,
Mutiara Damansara,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor
DE
Telephone: 603 7726 7777
Facsimile: 603 7726 6255
Store Hours: Mon to Thurs: 9.30am to 10pm
Fri, Sat, Sun, eve of & on Public Holidays:9.30am to 11pm

Muahaha customers rights exercised! Now that's what i call good service!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails