JH got me this a while ago as my future!! birthday present. Like that also can?!But i'll take it cos i love it!
It's a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM. Many people are pretty turned off by snooty sales people or seemingly snooty sales people at high end stores. So much so they have no accessible way to walk into a store and feel the product.I'm speaking from experience here. Well i can't let you feel the bag but i can tell you how it is and what's inside.
To tell you the truth, i've seen fakes from afar and i cannot tell the difference unless the stitching is really off. But i guess it's how you feel about carrying an imitation bag.
So basically the Neverfull comes in Damier Ebene, Damier Azur and Monogram. I love the classic monogram so I chose that.
It also comes in 3 sizes, PM (small), MM (medium) and GM (large). The small is really very small and the large -well very large so the medium tote would be still large enough to stuff everything in but not overwhelmingly large.
Basically a simple tote with no zipper at the top and two 'strings' at the side to fold it into a more boxy shape it you wish.Contrary to my previously skewed belief, it is not entirely made of leather. The monogrammed part is made of treated canvas while the lining and handles are made of cowhide leather.The cowhide is a light tan and turn darker and darker with age in a process called 'patina'. I like mine really light so I'm hoping it won't patina so soon.
The inside is equally simple. Only one zipped pouch, a ring to clasp keys/pouch, and a wide base with impeccable stitching.
Made in France.So obviously cheaper by a lot if you buy it there. I bought it in Singapore and even then it is cheaper than Malaysia.
Why i like it:
1. It's casual
2. Impossible to get the outer part of the bag dirty.
3. Shoulder straps are just the right lenght.
4. It smells of leather. (I'm a scent person) I know this sounds so wrong. Sorry i'll eat less beef.
5. It is large.
6. But not too large.
7. It matches any colour of clothing
8. It's flexible and can change shape.
9. The interior is old school.
10. It's Louis Vuitton!
Things i do not like about it.
1. It's casual. Can't really bring it out for dinners.
2. It's possible to get the inner part of the bag dirty.
3. Shoulder straps only. No other way of carrying it.
4. It's made of leather - guilty as charged PETA.
5. Its is large.
6. I am small.
7. It is everywhere. Almost everyone seems to be carrying it.
8. I'm too lazy to change it's shape.
9. The interior is too light.
10. It's Louis Vuitton! Fakes are everywhere!
I know i am a very contradictory person and sometimes optimistic with a pinch of pessimism.
But the bottom line is, i am grateful to own this bag and love it despite it's deficiencies.
And now it's back to books :)