Wednesday 30 March 2011

Marie Claire with Burt's Bee's Lip Balm

I have not been blogging a lot lately largely because i had a lot of calls, and also cos my monitor was totally fried.

Now i have to explain that i bought my first computer, as in my very own desktop in my 3rd year of medical school. Yes i know , in this day and age, children have computers from kindergarten age.

So at that time (3rd year in medical school), monitors were 15 kg monsters and occupy whole tables. It has served me well for the past 7 years. So i had my trusty hubby help me buy a new monitor cos i have absolutely no inkling of buying tech stuff.

A quick shopping trip to the IT store brought me to one conclusion. Every monitor is black. And every monitor is  wide screen.

The problem is , i can't seem to get used to wide screen as i have had the old school conventional monitor for the past donkey years. Going shopping, i only had one criteria. I wanted a non wide screen monitor. I needed something SQUARE.

Thus i ended up buying a 17 inch Samsung (Samsung is apparently supposed to be the best) monitor for RM419 when the Samsung 20 inch is RM 339 and the 22 inch is RM 389. Does that make any sense to you?

I am finicky i know.

And this is it.


And the only reason is so that my all the actors on my DVD don't have their faces bloated up by wide screen.

Anyway, thanks to Shuaddict i found out this great deal. Burt's Bees lip balm which usually costs RM18 was free with a copy of RM7 Marie Claire.It comes in 5 flavours.



I bought it at Borders where there were only 3 copies left. And when i was paying at the counter, another lady was buying it so that means Borders The Curve only has one copy left.

But don't worry there are lots more copies left in Popular. Funny thing is even though it's an eco issue, Popular went and wrapped the brown paper bag covering the magazine with plastic.

 
But it is probably because there are people who actually remove the free gifts from the package.

I mean look at the sealed portion of the brown paper bag.


All the brown packaging in Borders were opened! Probably because people opened it up to look at the flavours inside. Well at least they don't remove the gift with purchase. So do check by feeling the magazine for a tubular structure before buying.


And here's whats inside.


I only bought one copy as i already am using the Burt's Bees Honey lip balm. The lip balm is damn good and keeps my lips really moisturized. Thankfully for the magazine freebie i got the one in passionfruit which is one of my favourite flavours.


The lip balm expires in September 2011 so don't bother buying too many anyway.But then again do people really bother about expiry dates for lip balms as long as it does not smell funky or cause an allergic reaction?

Retail therapy leaves me happy :)

2 comments:

shuaddict said...

Heh glad to help :) I think that passionfruit one is the most common. I bought another one, couldn't resist .. got the same one.

saltvinegar said...

oooh mayb 80% is passionfruit cos its the most popular? Mayb you can giveaway the extrea one on ur blog :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails